What happened to 1/5?
Y'all remember my post awhile back about how I was 1/5 of the way done with my time here? I do. Vividly. Now I've got the opposite problem. I'm 4/5 done and only have 1/5 left to go! It kinda went way too fast, but at the same time I'm starting to get excited about the things I get to come home to. Mom and dad getting a new puppy. Both my brothers getting married. A wonderful Colorado summer. Weekends waiting to be spent wandering around RMNP. All my friends in the fort for the summer. Getting back into theatre more seriously. A job waiting for me to step back into it. Experiments to be done on my computers when I have three to mess with and don't run the risk of breaking my primary means of communication/entertainment/course work.
Maybe I'm just building those things up to convince myself that leaving won't be so bad, but even if that's the case, I'm going to keep doing it. Whatever keeps me sane. ;)
I realize that I haven't posted in like, 2 and a half months, and I have no real excuse except to say "whoops" and "I'm really anal and wanted them all to be in order with nice layouts and lots of pretty pictures so if I didn't have time to make them perfect, I didn't make them at all." For simplicity, I'm going to issue" whoops" as my official comment on the matter.
I guess a lot has happened since my last post but it's hard to tell. After the winter break I really started to feel like I was actually living here instead of on a glorified year long holiday. Since I got back there has been some work, some boring days, some adventures, but also occasional feelings of the daily grind too. I s'pose I can only blame myself for that, I mean, if I want excitement I just gotta get up and make it! But it was kinda nice to just sit and be and not feel like I have to cram every moment full of amazing stories.
So, hopefully these things will get posted about at some point in my life time, but this is what happened since last I posted:
~Christmas and new years in Greece
~A week as one of about 8 students on campus - my laptop and I bonded
~A week hanging out with Alex
~Nate and Karen, and Mom and Dad come to visit for 1 and 2 weeks, respectively. Good times had by all.
~2 more weeks of vacation. I think I sat on my ass a lot. Maybe hung out with Alex. It's blury.
~Alex and I break up shortly after Valentines day. Mutual decision, we intend to stay close.
~Classes start, I go occasionally.
~We start rehearsals for Jean Brodie and perform it on the 27-28 of Feb. It goes well.
~SUDS and I start getting some distance between us.
~I go to new clubs to meet more people: International Society, Wildwatchers, and Nerds'r'us AKA Shazaam!
~IFSA has a weekend trip at the youth hostel at Loch Lomond.
~More classes happen, we have some tests, I ace them.
~I buy a kilt outfit for about 62 pounds. It makes me happy.
~A weekend of drama occurs involving someone I like and her friend visiting from the US.
~Spring finally pokes it's pretty little head up!
And now (ie, in about 30 minutes) I'm going to catch a bus to Stirling and a train to Edinburgh to get the overnight bus to London where I will spend 5 days of my spring break wandering around and hopefully getting a real feel for it. All the previous times I've been there it has been in kind of a rush, so I think this time I'll be able to go slower and not have a rigid plan for everyday. But, being me, I've done my research and have a few plans cooked up already. I've got shows I plan on seeing, markets I wanna check out, pubs that sound delicious, and of course some touristy things to take a look at too! It should be great. Also, Alex's brother is planning on going to boarding school in oxford next year, so her family is up here right now checking it out and I will hopefully get to have dinner with them tomorrow night! That'll be fun to see them again, they are a pretty crazy bunch!
I know I probably just opened up a can of worms with this tease of a post, but to hold you over until I get back (and I promise, I will post again when I get back on Friday), here some picture I just took of all the spring-ness around campus. Enjoy!






5 Comments:
A post! Wow!
I would be mad that you gave us a teaser of a post, but I've managed to pester most of the details out of you already... But I WOULD be annoyed!
And very nice flower pictures. The bee is really cool!
Q - yipperrooney for a new post! I'm anxious for the details, 'cause I don't know all of them. Love you bunches. Have a great trip to London.
Drama? What? Hmm. Glad for the general update, but now I'm itching for the juicy parts...
Awesome spring photos, though! Our crocuses are coming up and a few tulips, should be delightful in no time - except we're supposed to have a high of 32F on Thursday. Dag.
Beautiful flowers!
yay pretty flower pictures that i can nick,edit and have some fun with, and not do homework!! :) cheers babe-
Post a Comment
<< Home