T-day, Italian style
Happy day-after-Thanksgiving everybody! I hope you all stuffed your faces with tons of amazingly delicious food that would make me jealous to even hear about. Especially the pies, mmmm how I miss the pies.
I couldn't let the day go by completely uncelebrated though, so after my last class at 4, Lamar (my American roommate) and I went to the store to scrounge up whatever we could for a T-day feast. No 22 pound turkeys were available, so we got turkey burgers instead, and some potatoes to mash, a strudel for dessert, some green beans, and some wine to wash it all down! Lamar and I cooked, and about 6 of us ate the feast. Then there was some drinking, some inter-cultural jokes, and then we all when out to a club. Definitely not my typical Thanksgiving, but a fantastic day spent with friends none-the-less.
I'm sad I didn't get to eat with my family at home, but I'm pretty excited knowing that I leave in 3 weeks to see everyone in Minneapolis! It's going to be a wonderful holiday.
Sorry this is short, I've got to run to class now. I'll post again soon.
Love you all!

6 Comments:
Happy day after T-day to you too! Sounds like it was an enjoyable holiday, even without the pie! We'll be sure to have lots and lots of pie for feasting on over the christmas holiday here! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Sounds like a memorable T'day, altho it lacked the pies. Three weeks is not much time -looking forward to seeing you (and eating pie!)
Mom and I did stuff our faces pretty well - lots of turkey, dressing, veggies, and yes, pie! It's a great holiday when there is no pressure to buy anything - just enjoy a good meal with family or friends.
We'll make you a pie when you get here... :) Any requests?
Mmmm! I've always been pretty partial to Pecan Pie. I can't wait!
Happy (belated) Thanksgiving Q! Can't wait to see you, and for you to meet Isla!
Post a Comment
<< Home