Saturday, February 16, 2008

Woah! I have a blog!

I seem to have forgotten about this thing, but I've got some fun things to update everyone on, so it seemed like a good idea to post!

First, I had a birthday! I'm now an old man at the ripe age of 22. But I had an actual party for the first time in many many years, so that was fun. And I got some really sweet presents!







After a fantastic present from Freddie for Christmas, the siblings went together and got me some fiddle lessons!! I have been too busy so far to get started, but after next week I think I'm going to start doing lessons on the weekends. I'm super stoked.









The next big thing that happened to me was less awesome, but still kinda fun. The power supply on my desktop machine (the one running linux) decided to blow out, and it took the mother board with it. The picture on the right is the machine with all of it's parts pulled out. I ended up going onto newegg.com and ordering a new power supply, a new motherboard with a CPU, and some new memory to fit the new motherboard. Once everything arrived, getting it up and running again wasn't too hard, which was nice. I've heard some horror stories about people swapping out motherboards on windows machines and having to re-install the operating system.




Sadly, in the middle of all this my LCD monitor decided to crap out. I think it's got some power supply issues of its own. So jumped back on newegg.com and decided that it was time to upgrade! I now am the proud owner of a delightful 22" widescreen LCD monitor. I've been watching a lot of the show "Lost" on it, and enjoying that fact that I can multi-task (read: procrastinate) even better than before!






In other, non-computer related news, the production I was in at CSU last fall, "The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail" is going to the KCACTF (Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival) regional competition in Laramie next week. Basically, that means I getta work my ass off loading the show in all day Wednesday, and then act in it, and then strike it that night. Wheeee! It should be fun, but some long days.


Other than that, I'm keeping busy with work and classes. And I'm starting to put some vague thoughts into trying to get back abroad after I graduate. Maybe an internship, or actual employment. Not really sure, but I know I wanna get back. Hopefully I'll find something awesome!

4 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Hey, good luck at ACTF! That should be a blast! And, no pressure, but you now have less than 2 weeks to learn some sweet tunes to impress Karen and I when we come visit... :)

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Yeah for posting on your blog! And good for you with the new wide screen monitor - now you can procrastinate in style.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Pinolera said...

I love watching Lost - are you caught up to the new shows now? Or still watching the first 3 seasons? I'm very happy that you remembered that you have a blog! It's great to get an update from you!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Meddygon said...

I just googled for my preferred username and found your blog.

Hello, I am Schroe. I also attend a CSU (there are multiple universities with that acronym.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home